Prevent Child Abuse North Dakota (PCAND) engages North Dakotans in active support for healthy, nurturing families and communities. A chapter of Prevent Child Abuse America, PCAND is a nonprofit organization that advocates for a broad base of services, as well as statewide capacity to meet the needs of children and families. Using evidenced based strategies, PCAND’s mission is to make the state of North Dakota free from child abuse and neglect.
PCAND offers primary prevention programs to curb abuse and neglect before it happens. We educate caregivers and professionals in helping to strengthen families -- and guide community members on how to support children and families. Please browse through the menu of programs for specific information.
- Authentic Voices
- Caring Community Award
- Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Early Childhood Comprehensive Systems (ECCS)
- FUSE (Force to end human sexual exploitation)
- Home Visiting -- Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (ND MIECHV)
- Nurturing Healthy Sexual Development
- Period of PURPLE Crying
- Team PCAND